FAQs – about us
A: Despite what many would have you believe, there is no such thing as “free” advice. As is the case with most things in life, you get what you pay for. A fixed fee quoted to you in advance of work being carried out gives you the peace of mind that you know exactly what you will get for your money in advance of proceeding. Hourly rate charging does not give you this benefit.
Q: What are the differences in your approach?
A: The differences in the Bluebond approach are:
- we will fully discuss all payment options with you at our first meeting
- our role is that of trusted adviser and not financial product salesperson
- we wish to create long-term relationships with our clients, working with them and understanding both their private and business lives, enabling us to offer comprehensive and integrated help and guidance without bias
The results of poor advice can be far more costly than the fees we charge.
Q: What is special about your services?
A: The following are points we consider most important:
- our holistic approach to tax planning and estate planning – treating all aspects of your financial life as part of a connected plan – recognising the connections and where possible finding solutions that deal with more than any single issue
- the emphasis we place on life planning for the future and regularly reviewing your situation
- our long-term approach to client relationships – you will always deal with the same adviser unless you agree to a change
- relatively high staffing levels to ensure a higher than usual level of service – we are prepared to accept a lower profit margin to achieve this
- a highly structured approach to the way we carry out any analytical work on your behalf
- early adoption of the latest technology and approaches to business systems – we have developed our own unique computer software tools to help us ensure you receive an efficient and effective service
- our range of skills and experience – our advisers have more than 20 years’ experience in the tax planning profession.
- our programme of continuous professional development and determination to be competent, reliable, proactive and helpful
- all our fees are pre-agreed with you so you know exactly what it will cost you before we start working on your behalf
- our quality of service guarantee
Q: How will your services benefit me?
A: We recognise that people care most about legally avoiding tax as quickly and safely as possible without wasting money along the way.
- we help you find ways of helping you with your inheritance tax and estate planning as simply and securely as possible
- we help you recognise and reduce the inherent risks in a way which considerably improves the likelihood of your success
- we help you do this by selecting the most appropriate strategies
- we help you implement the most suitable strategies.
Q: What happens at an initial introduction meeting?
A: An initial meeting will last approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour. At our FREE initial meeting we:
- introduce our service
- obtain an overview of your circumstances to determine how we can help
- provide you with enough information to enable you to decide whether you wish to utilise our services
This meeting is held entirely at our expense and without obligation. At the close of the meeting, should you decide to proceed, another in-depth “fact-finding” meeting is scheduled. Here, we obtain full details of your current circumstances and help you define your goals and objectives and explain strategies you can use in full detail. This meeting will be chargeable by a fixed fee payable in advance of the meeting.
Q: How much time will be needed to look after my affairs?
A: As an individual client, once the initial series of meetings is concluded, we may require as little as one meeting each year. If you are a retired client, meetings every 3 years may be all that is necessary. However, if required all clients affairs are reviewed by post every year.
Q: What sort of guarantee do I have on the quality of your service?
A: We want you to be delighted with the work we do for you and are therefore pleased to offer an unconditional service guarantee. If our service falls short of your expectations for any individual transaction, we will refund any amount that you consider to be appropriate, up to the total fee for that transaction, irrespective of our views.
Q: What areas of the country do you cover?
A: We cover all areas of the country by introducing clients to specialist Inheritance tax advisers who we have personally interviewed. Charles will generally cover clients within 1 hours drive of our office in Wheathampstead, St Albans, Hertfordshire. As such most of our clients are based in Harpenden, St Albans, Hatfield, Welwyn, Welwyn Garden City, Hemel Hempstead, Hitchin, Stevenage and Hertford.
If you can’t find the answer you need above, please telephone us or Email us.
- What’s the Point of Marriage?
- Can An Executor be liable for Inheritance Tax?
- The Dangers of Poor Tax Advice
- Wealth Inequality
- New Record High For Inheritance Tax Payments
- Inheritance Tax Rules Baffle Older Generations
- Inheritance Tax Review Ordered by the Government
- The Passing Of Business Shares On Death
- Inheritance Tax Planning for Cohabiting Couples
- HMRC Challenges Tax Avoidance
- 3 things to consider when thinking of selling your business
- Unsuspecting consumers being hit by IHT bills
- Call to change tax rules
- Five good reasons to use a trust
- Deed of variation
- You will need to review your will
- New inheritance tax allowance for homes: six things you didn’t know
- Who should you leave your home to on death?
- When is a gift not a gift?
- The tax advantages of getting married